23.5.12

sourdough bread and pawpaw jam

Just out of the oven, nothing beats homemade sourdough bread, freshly buttered and topped with homemade pawpaw and passionfruit jam!
This is the last of the jam I made last year - from our very own pawpaw and passionfruit.   We certainly lived like kings last year - when I consider we would eat a pawpaw a day straight from the tree.   At over $6 a kilo in the fruit shop I treat us to a 1/2 one a fortnight and we share that as an afternoon treat!  We have brought potted plants with us, and I have started planting seed.  All we need is to choose a suitable place to plant them in our new garden, and I know in 6 - 8 months we'll be picking our own red pawpaw again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...