31.7.12

Three new works

Islands across the bay. Acrylic on canvas. 24 x 36"

This is a larger acrylic I did as part of joining the local art group.    Joining in and being committed to physically being at a set place, at a set time for the purpose of painting was productive as I finished two paintings in 3 weeks.    So far I have learnt to be freer with my brush, approach the canvas with gusto and confidence, and be bold with colour.    My question though is how to find time to paint.  I don't work so that should be easy? right? But by the time you factor in 2 teenagers and homeschooling,  with singing, drama, and flute lessons... and boy my week starts to look rather full!   I'm contemplating just treating 'studio time' like I would if I was working - just say for 2 hours every morning I am 'at work' in the studio and make a commitment to myself to do it.

White teapot. oil on masonite.  20 x 30cm approx.
Blue coffee pot. oil on masonite. 8 x 10"

Three new paintings.  Life has been busy, but I'm still here, and still painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...