31.8.12

Apple Blossom oil painting

We finally got the fruit trees we dug up and potted last December, planted into their new hedgerow position 2 weeks ago.   They all seem very happy, and the apple is in blossom!  We love apple blossom - so pretty with the faintest blush of pink.

Although an afternoons snooze was very tempting, I resisted and instead opted to attempt a small oil painting.   Requirements: 1 coffee, 1 tea, 1 bowl of porridge, some photos I took of our apple blossom yesterday, some oil paints, and a lot of determination!  It took me two goes to get it to this point.   Now it just has to dry :-)



Apple blossom. 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas
One thing I discovered: I don't like painting flowers! Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...